Finance and Administration Manager
TechNation is a Kabul-based technology and consulting firm. It offers technology, entrepreneurship, community technology services and solutions and policy advisement to diverse clientele., and creates mobile and web apps for business, government and society.
Based in Kabul, this is a central finance & administrative role within TechNation. The role is hands on and vital to the efficient running of the TechNation operations. The role will suit someone with a proven track record in finance, project management, administrative & office management.
The role works closely with the President/CEO and will be responsible for assisting with the corporate restructure of TechNation and with working with the President/CEO, partners and contractor staff to manage the transition from contract staff to employing a small and professional team of operational staff.
The position is responsible to the President/CEO but works with all staff and external advisers such as accountants, lawyers, consultants etc.
The role holder will be required to undertake travel to provinces and abroad on need basis. A desire for continuous improvement will be required in all aspects of the role.
This is a new position and so the occupant is expected to be able to develop and implement relevant systems and document and implement current and new policies and procedures. The position is also expected to draw together all administrative work and work practices in a consultative and collaborative style.
The Finance & Administration Manager is responsible to the President/CEO.
The Finance & Administration Manager will work with the external Accountants and Auditors as required
The position works with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
Purpose & Key Responsibilities
This position is responsible for ensuring that TechNation operates at the leading edge of operational efficiency and service quality whilst supporting the President/CEO to deliver strategic and operational priorities.
Key responsibilities include
- Financial Management
- Project Management of the transition from contractor staff to paid direct employed staff and office establishment in other provinces.
- Payroll Management
- Office & Administration Management
- Working closely with the President/CEO, the role has significant input into the human resources, infrastructure, risk management & compliance, occupational safety and health (OHS), information technology, & telecommunications functions.
- Developing, documenting and implementation of quality systems and processes.
- Contribution to TechNation Strategy along with all staff
- Undertaking a project officer role on key projects as required.
Detailed Job Description
1. Financial Management
Budgets and Management Reporting
- Preparation of management reports and actual against business plan & budget as required.
- Provide management reporting to President/CEO and Finance and Audit Committee.
- Prepare cash flow management processes.
- Manage processes to record & reconcile expenses against income and provide regular management reporting.
- Process accounts payables, obtain payment authorities, record in a financial software system & prepare for payment, process online payments and record payments.
- Provide regular creditor reports.
- Prepare & send invoices to debtors as required, record in a financial software system, follow up debtors, maintain expected payment dates in cash flow spreadsheet, receive & record payments.
- Action regular reconciliations of all bank accounts & credit cards.
- Prepare accruals as required & record in a financial software system.
- Maintain the Asset Register & Depreciation Schedule.
- Support preparation of basic accounting system (BAS), Annual Audits & preparation of annual financial statements working with the treasurer, external accountants and auditors.
- Prepare fortnightly payroll, obtain approval and process to bank.
- Produce & issue payslips.
- Maintain all payroll records.
- Process leave records & accruals.
- Prepare & Pay associated payroll payments e.g. workcover & superannuation.
- Prepare yearly Payroll reconciliations & payment summaries.
- Support all other employer payroll related requirements.
Office & Administrative Management Role
Be accountable for and manage the staff delivering the following functions:-
- The reception & front of house functions e.g. first point of contact services
- The physical infrastructure for the operations e.g. premises, equipment and assets.
- The administrative function e.g. records management, inwards & outwards mail, purchasing, and diary management.
2. Support for Management & Operational Functions
- Work with the President/CEO and other staff to contribute to development of the Strategic Plan
- Work with the President/CEO and other staff to ensure systems and information collection can contribute to management reporting and reporting against Performance indicators in the Strategic Plan.
- Work with the President/CEO and other staff on preparation of budgets and reviewing progress against budget.
Human Resource Management
- Work with the President/CEO to contribute to Human Resource Management Issues including recruitment, induction, the planning and facilitation of training of staff and development, job descriptions, conditions of employment, etc.
- HR Record Keeping
- Work with the President/CEO on risk management, disaster recovery & contingency planning.
- Work with the President/CEO to assess, arrange & review all insurance cover.
- Process claims & maintains appropriate records.
- Work with the President/CEO to ensure compliance with sector requirements.
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Application deadline: 2016-Mar-15